Saturday, January 13, 2007

PT Blogging - Victor's Kitchen

So I was in Singapore for 30 hours. Dinner was too mediocre to mention but breakfast was so phenomenal we forgot about lunch. I've been wanting to visit Victor's Kitchen at Sunshine plaza after reading raving reviews at both Mr Brown's and Chubby Hubby.

The ambiance was quaint, luckily for us this time round, when we visited them, they've managed to acquire some shop space just around the corner. Had our travels to be in vain (again), I swear we would have detoured and have us some prawn mee at Jalan Besar or something =)

So lets get to it ...















The place has a very homely feel to it. The cutlery don't match, and the chinese tea is served in big starbucks-like mugs. I looked at it quite interestingly because I've never been to a shop that serves it as it is. I mean its always been the usual glass coffeeshop ones.















And the order arrives - Clockwise from top - Siew Mai, Har Gow, Steam Chicken and Pork Ribs with Black Bean.

The significant other left the ordering to me telling me that as of all visits to a yum cha joints har gow and siew mai is a MUST. So first up we have Siew Mai.



I've gotta admit I've never been a big fan of siew mai. I wouldn't say that this is the best one I've tasted but I'd give it a passable grade.







The Har Gow there is like no other Har Gow, its KING PRAWN Har Gow. If there's one thing that I really like its PRAWN and KING PRAWN justs up the notch one dial. Needless to say I loved it. *Slurp*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home