Sunday, February 04, 2007

Makan Indonesia Effort: Hardcore Indo Food

Upon learning of my departure, the Indo's decided the Sinka HAS to try different types of AUTHENTIC Indonesian cuisine before I left, else, I wouldn't have really said that I ate well there. So ... the following was taken at Payon some really atas place at Kemang.
















Le menu: Don't even think of trying to steal this baby it weighs a ton.
















Rey: Looking at the menu trying to look at cool.
















Sambal tempeh, greens, botok-botok and fried chicken















Beef satay: The different indigenous groups of the Indonesian islands have various ways in peparing this somewhat similar barbecued-scewered-meat-on-stick-dish for a lack of description ;)

This one is like no other that I've tried as it was prepared with a crust of desiccated coconut, and seasoned with a wonderful medley of spices one which I could most strongly tell was of lemon grass. Its served with sweet dark sauce and topped with a crunchy spicy peanut sauce.

Overall I thought the place was a tourist trap. It has really nice ambiance to it great if you want to impress a first date or for business. Food wise, I've just had better for so much cheaper. Also, its a feeding ground for mosquitoes because of its open air concept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home