Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Ramen Ramen

Been surfing http://www.hungrygowhere.com/ alot.
I'm a convert, I simply love that site.

Ramen Ramen Ramen

Was abit worried when I first stepped in, the outside seating was completely empty.

Inside there were a few people here and there.

Decor is really cheesy. Some powerpuff girl like anime in neon colours splashed all over the walls. I felt really old to have noticed that. -.-
Prices of the Ramen was pretty affordable. Not cheap but just ok.
What I liked was the extensive menu. What I didn't like were the cut throat prices for certain items. For instance the soft shell crab. I admit, I'm such a sucker for ssc. But for $8++ a serving all I got was 1 and a half sad looking chopped up crab.
It was just all too confusing. I mean if I were a student, I might go there but not with such prices when Sakae sushi (just around the corner) was serving sushi buffets around the same price.

Lackey : Getting bored.

Ramen Ramen Ramen: House speciality




Miso Ramen

Verdict:

Thanks to Naruto, Lackey and I have a new found appreciation for this stringy noodles. Who wouldn't want to try a bowl of Ichiraku Ramen! There's Ramen and there's instant noodles.

I enjoyed my Ramen ok but Lackey complained that his broth wasn't as flavourful.

Also, they cheated quite abit on a couple of things.

Typical Japanse Ramen usually comes with a "golden egg" this one is more like any ordinary hard boiled egg, no bamboo shoots and we suspect the huge ass nori is used to cover for the lack of ingredients.

-.- Sad right?

Burp!

Spent $40+ for 2 (lunch)

60B Orchard Road#01-16A,
The Atrium@Orchard(beside Plaza Singapura)
Singapore 238891
Tel: 6238 6728

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home